Monday, January 23, 2012

Drumline Leftovers

While not doing much of anything around the house a few days ago, there was an interesting sound that began to penetrate my house.  At first I did not recognize it.  I peered out of the window to see a local high school drum line practicing in the cul-de-sac.  It was pretty cool.  I took a couple of creeper pictures from my window so as not to disturb them and just enjoyed the sounds.


With some of the leftover seitan from the Day of Food and Fun, I made some pasta.  It was a nice way to use up the last few pieces.  It is amazing how well the seitan keeps.  I really should make it more often.

3 comments:

Southern Purple Veggie said...

That's so neat to see that a highschool drumline was practicing outside.

xvavaveganx said...

That is so cool about the drumline :) Gotta love free entertainment! I'll never forget when i lived in Seattle and a parade of bagpipers marched by my building. I love bagpipes so it made me really happy.

That meal looks delicious! I love how the broccoli is lined up like a little drumline :)

Millie said...

that bow tie pasta sure looks dangerous and what a great band.