Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Zucchini Oat Muffins

I have been in need of a haircut for a few weeks now.  Ashley is generally my at home barber.  She agreed to stop by the other day and cut my hair in exchange for some of my zucchini bread.  I ran out of time and had to think quickly.  I came up with a great muffin recipe that worked perfectly.


Zucchini Oat Muffins

3 cups of flour
2 cups of zucchini
3/4 cup of oats
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of oil
1/2 cup of warm water
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt

Grate the zucchini.  Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, both sugars, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until well mixed.  Add the zucchini, vanilla, oil, and water.  Mix gently but well.  This should be fairly wet by now.

Fill a muffin pan with 1/2 of the mixture and bake for 30 minutes.  Allow to cool in the pan for an additional 5 minutes.  Set on cooling rack and set up for about another 45 minutes.  This recipe should make about 24 muffins.

5 comments:

Javelin Warrior said...

This is my kind of recipe - zucchini, oats and brown sugar. These sound fantastic and what a great twist zucchini bread...

xvavaveganx said...

These sound SO good! I bet they would be easy to make gluten free with oat flour. I'm going to need to give these a try for sure!

Alessandra said...

Yes these sounds good! Bravo!!!

Ciao
Alessandra

Rachana said...

They look so delicious. A great recipe.

Shaheen said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year Vic.