Monday, December 12, 2011

Dinner at my place...

Friday night I had company.  Adrienne (from Crack the Plates) and Nate came over for dinner.  Since I hosted, I choose the food.  I made Channa Masala and Mulligatawny Soup.  They are some of my favorites and are fun to make.



Since I consistently botch up desert to a point of shame, Adrienne was not going to give me the chance.  She made some amazing cookies!  We gobbled them up and I was even left 4 of them for my bedtime snacks.


We had a fun night talking about music, nihilism, art, and our growing up years.  It is always a fun time with those crazy kids.  Next time, Nate has said he will cook for Adrianne and I.  Even if I have to wait all day to eat, I am looking forward to it.

I rarely have friends over but when I do, I feel more in touch with people.  Sometimes living alone and being a misanthrope is a bad combination.  It is nice to mix it up.

8 comments:

T said...

I love that girl, we went to college together! Great looking dinner + great guests = I'm totally jealous.

Alessandra said...

Great food, still cannot understand how you manage to have cookies at bedtime! Must be an American thing, hehehe, I am Italian so I eat them for breakfast with coffee!!!

Ciao
Alessandra

nathanielK said...

great post :) and yes i'll cook something or something at some time. chickpea cutlets with gravy, mashed potatoes, and peas, perhaps?

i'll say it first though: it's Adrienne, heh.

didn't we have a conversation about proofreading? :)

Millie said...

everything look so yummy. Great times with friends is worth cooking a great dinner.

xvavaveganx said...

I have to say, I love that you and your friends regularly host small dinner parties for each other. It is something I have always wanted to get into but don't really ever get to. All of the food looks beautiful and it is nice that you finally had some time to relax and enjoy your friends :)

Emma said...

Love having friends for dinner. We always go out with friends but I actually think it's a lot more fun hosting. Is that injera in the top pic? Serious yums.

adriennefriend said...

Yep yep, get that "e" in there, Vic! Otherwise, a super great post about a super great evening. You're one of my favorite people. Love, adrienne

Ashlae said...

Mmm, channa masala - one of my favorite meals! Except - just like my smoothies - I always wind up adding too many vegetables to it.